687 supported initiatives
The Volunteer program has existed since 1991 and has as its goal the objective to connect C&A collaborators to fashion initiatives in all communities in which the company acts. Through the actions in the program, volunteers share time, knowledge and skills to build up the work of more than 100 social organizations and entrepreneurs throughout the year.
We carry out and qualify many volunteer actions that take place preferably in business hours - reassuring our mission to include citizen participation. Each collaborator has, at least, 3 days per year to dedicate to volunteering and to activities that might happen in-person or online, technical or following a “hands on” approach. It may also be pontual or continuous, in the form of mentorship programs, bazaars, repairs of physical spaces, humanitarian aid and so on.
To keep engagement in volunteer programs- which have represented 16% of C&A work force before the pandemic - we count with an active and inspiring network, made of leaderships and experienced volunteers, that have supported us on program strategies and in mobilizing teams from stores in the entire country, from the distribution centers to headquarters.
Since 2020, due to emergency measures of fighting coronavirus, our in-person activities were suspended and migrated to a new format as an online program. Despite the challenges, we continue to count with the dedication and commitment of our volunteers.
How does it work:
In stores and distribution centers:
1. Volunteers articulate themselves to start partnerships with social initiatives from their region.
2. From a diagnosis, the partnership is turned official and together a annual plan of activities is created, with our support and guidance.
3. Activities are planned and executed with our financial support and follow-up throughout the year.
4. Apuramos os resultados alcançados e divulgamos as ações – através do Prêmio Voluntariado, nosso evento de reconhecimento dos times de voluntários mais engajados.
1. We map fashion initiatives and make a diagnosis.
2. From the choice of themes and formats, we create an annual menu of actions and make them available to volunteers to subscript.
3. Besides individual subscriptions, we offer the possibility of personalized actions to each team according to their experiences and skill set.
4. We execute volunteer actions with planning and previous guidance.
5. Apuramos os resultados alcançados e divulgamos as ações – através do Prêmio Voluntariado, nosso evento de reconhecimento dos times de voluntários mais engajados.